Android Question Disable touchscreen click sounds

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
In my app I would like to disable the default click sound that happens when the touchscreen is touched, and use my own sound instead. I've already put my own sounds in, but not sure how to turn of the default touchscreen click sound.
Any advice? Thanks.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is the decision of the deviceuser to change the defaults

Upvote 0

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I think I may not have explained myself properly. I don't want to change the default sounds of the phone, I just want to stop the normal system keyboard clicks from being played when my app is running - imagine it is a game and clicking on the screen fires shots at an enemy pawn, so I wish to use MediaPlayer to play gunshots when these clicks happen, rather than a mix of gunshot and Android touchscreen click.

Upvote 0

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
I should never have said 'default', it was a misleading word to use.
When I said 'default' I meant the click noise that android plays when I touch my screen to type in a phone number and so on.
I do not want to change this is settings, but I would like to mute it somehow when my app is running, because my makes its own sounds when the screen is touched.
At the moment I have both my app's sounds and the OS click sounds at the same time, so it doesn't sound good.

Upvote 0

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
so basically I need to programatically, temporarily prevent the OS touchscreen sounds when my app is running.

Upvote 0