Android Question DJI Phantom with virtual joystick feature

solutionhacker

Licensed User
Hello Erel,

Thank you for your wonderful DJI Drones library! It is a great implementation and this gave me many good ideas. I have a DJI Phantom 3 standard and I see that on the DJI mobile SDK documentation that virtual sticks can be used to control the drone using the app. I want to make an app that can fly the drone with the phone's accelerometer. My Phantom 3 connects to the remove via WiFi and not the micro USB.

Do you have any code or suggestions that I can achieve this using your library? Thanks in advance!

solutionhacker

Licensed User
Thanks! I will explore that API and try writing the functionality with JavaObject. I am thinking of using a Timer to get the data sent between 5~25 Hz as noted by the documentation. It is definitely a bit tricky. Is there any chance you may release an updated wrapper for that in the future? :)

Upvote 0

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Did you succeed in using virtual Joysticks ?
I would like to try to use this feature to control a mavic mini (to substitute to waypoints for instance, or even to interface the drone with a real joystick).

I found these links which seems to demonstrate that this integration is quite feasible :
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=215176

And these impressive videos :

But I am not familiar with javaobject... I don't know where to start !

Upvote 0