Do not think / work too much

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
After some research I found that it is in "entertainment" category, similar like toilet,gold,trump etc. apps and suggestion like nothing,spinner etc. apps.
So it for wasting time if you have plenty.

If people are paying for this app, then they also have money aplenty to throw away. It is hitting at one of our week point of one-upmanship ! It is like employer using only IPhone when all employees use Android.

Regards,

Anand

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Dont fool your self. All 50k install have uninstalled and get their refund.

In android you have time to test the app you have purchased and if the user uninstall it he will get a refund.

So 50k installef doesnot mean 50k x app price!!

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Dont fool your self. All 50k install have uninstalled and get their refund.

In android you have time to test the app you have purchased and if the user uninstall it he will get a refund.

So 50k installef doesnot mean 50k x app price!!
Do you want to risk losing 350€ just for curiosity? Maybe many times you can not get the refund.

I think there are so many rich people in the world who love to show off their wealth (why buy a Ferrari if the speed limit is 130 km/h? Why buy handbags for many thousands of euros? To say: "I'm rich!". I think: "yes, you're rich but also stupid and ignoble).

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you want to risk losing 350€ just for curiosity? Maybe many times you can not get the refund.

I think there are so many rich people in the world who love to show off their wealth (why buy a Ferrari if the speed limit is 130 km/h? Why buy handbags for many thousands of euros? To say: "I'm rich!". I think: "yes, you're rich but also stupid and ignoble).

There is no risk. Everyone knows it.
I have also lots of refunds from people purchases. (From my apps)

You r right that rich people want to show off but with a stupid app?? I would say better buy a lacost tshirt instaed of an app. Who wants to show off needs to show what he has. I dont think rich people goes with their smartphone and show everyone what app they have purchased.

They preffer to buy a case for that phone wich everyone can see. Not an app so if u ask me noone really bought his app.

Maybe as a joke when you are drunk with your friends but for sure not 50k and not even 1k sells.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
better buy a lacost tshirt
Hey, I'm wearing one right now.. but definitely I'm not rich! Or the definition for "rich" went for an enormous downgrade lately..eheh

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I bet they got that sh*tload of installs by promoting it first as a temp. free app and once they crossed the 50K barrier they put a price on it hoping the flood would continue but with that huge price.

50K installs is some sort of trigger in the play store I've read somewhere.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I bet they got that sh*tload of installs by promoting it first as a temp. free app and once they crossed the 50K barrier they put a price on it hoping the flood would continue but with that huge price.

This looks more likely, as the screen shots are also just garbage and no one will ever install it, as there is nothing to show off from the app.

Regards,

Anand

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it's remarkable that how more silly/useless the app is the more installs it gets.
Especially the Google Play store is full of that stuff.

I doubt such apps will even pass the Apple review team tho.

MaFu

Licensed User
Longtime User

The play store does not allow this. You can change a payed app to free, but you can't change a free app to pay app.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The play store does not allow this. You can change a payed app to free, but you can't change a free app to pay app.
If this is true, then there is seriously something wrong in our world, where people are paying huge amount for crap like this and frowning (as per reviews in many apps) for small amount in many useful tools and enjoyable games. Sigh !

Regards,

Anand

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
But you can add In-App Purchases to a free app.

- Colin.