Do you charge more for your app or less during this Covid pandemic ?

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Given the fact that a lot of people are suffering from the economic consequences of the covid crisis I suppose that if I had an application that is directed to the lower economic levels I would be certainly forced to lower the price.

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Given the fact that a lot of people are suffering from the economic consequences of the covid crisis I suppose that if I had an application that is directed to the lower economic levels I would be certainly forced to lower the price.

This is what get into my mind too, it seems there are a lot of reasons and the pandemic brings more strange results than expected !
I did experienced this interesting market approach and looks very strange ... as people when they want to keep money , they won't pay even if you charge 0,5$ ....one question then got into my mind : How much can you rise the price of your app will this grow your revenue :)
Last question why are you trying to make more money when the world is suffering ?

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Should we offer our apps for free during the pandemic

That would probably generate more downloads and would be a civic minded gesture. Before you go down that road, you need to consider that it may be difficult to reverse in the future.

I don't currently have any apps on the app store but I do have one app that is used solely by a charity and is not available on any app store. I have told them that I will not be charging them licence fees, which would have been due yesterday, and I am donating the source code so they can be assured of availability of the app in the future.

I know that the licence fees would be a drop in the ocean compared to their total running costs, but just felt that it is the right thing to do in the current situation when all charities will be struggling to keep going in the future.

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have in mind a panel to ask if you want to get the app free you you choose to pay for my work , what do you say about this ?

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Similar to donation ware? That is a good option, does the app store support something like that?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
does the app store support something like that

if you use their in-app system they will allow it as they have a cut on it.

using paypal or some other third party might lead in an app removal when they review it. (especially on IOS)