iOS Question Does anyone have tried a Mac in cloud service?

mauro vicamini

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone!
Does anyone have tried a Mac-in-cloud service to deploy on the Apple Store?
Have you found any problem? It's a good and simple to use solution? Or It's better to buy a real Mac (solution that for economical reasons it's better I avoid).

Thanks for your attention.

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ciao Mauro,

I use the Mac-In-Cloud service. I thought the pay-as-you-go pricing was really not good value so I went for the USD20/month plan which works out at about EUR17.50/month. The remote desktop operation is easy to connect but a regular PITA to use, especially to transfer files to/from the remote device. I ended up putting the .ipa file on my web-server and then downloading to the RDC device because it was simply the quickest option.

This setup REALLY seriously needs a PC capable uploader for iTunes Connect.

R.

Upvote 0

mauro vicamini

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ciao Mauro,

I use the Mac-In-Cloud service. I thought the pay-as-you-go pricing was really not good value so I went for the USD20/month plan which works out at about EUR17.50/month. The remote desktop operation is easy to connect but a regular PITA to use, especially to transfer files to/from the remote device. I ended up putting the .ipa file on my web-server and then downloading to the RDC device because it was simply the quickest option.

This setup REALLY seriously needs a PC capable uploader for iTunes Connect.

R.
Thanks Richard,
I'm oriented to subscribe your same plan (USD20/month) . I hope to use it as less as possible.

Upvote 0

mauro vicamini

Licensed User
Longtime User
The hosted builder will perform better for compilation.
Yes, Erel, I know that.
I would use MacInCloud only to deploy on the Apple Market because I don't want to buy a real Mac and I don't want to use a sluggish VM OSX on pc (I've already experienced it and I'm became old waiting about 15 minutes each time I have had to boot, devouring also 4GB of my 8GB RAM)
The hosted builder works great for compiling!
Don't worry...I'm in love of B4I. :)
But I want you ask something: you have said
Use the MacInCloud service only to upload the compiled app to iTunes Connect.
Do you mean that is possible to upload ONLY on iTunes Connect and not on the Apple Store, or they are the same thing, or I've to do something different to publish on Apple Store?
Sorry I'm confused! :confused:

Upvote 0

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Mauro,

iTunes Connect is the developer's portal to the iStore. It not only handles the text & graphics for your app sales page but it also supplies in-depth sales statistics to allow you to better target your product. They also handle the sales revenue & pay local taxes before taking their 30% commission and sending what remains to your bank.

The only reason many of us use a service like M-I-C is to upload the finished app and thereafter any updates. If there were software available to do this from a PC then I would use it and save 20USD/month.

R.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I let someone else (who I can trust) upload my ipa to my connect account and pay him 5 euros for the hassle/timewaste.

still cheaper than 20/month unless you upload several files every month.

Upvote 0

mauro vicamini

Licensed User
Longtime User
M
Mauro,

iTunes Connect is the developer's portal to the iStore. It not only handles the text & graphics for your app sales page but it also supplies in-depth sales statistics to allow you to better target your product. They also handle the sales revenue & pay local taxes before taking their 30% commission and sending what remains to your bank.

The only reason many of us use a service like M-I-C is to upload the finished app and thereafter any updates. If there were software available to do this from a PC then I would use it and save 20USD/month.

R.
Me too! ;)
Thanks a lot Richard!

Upvote 0