B4A Class DOTips 2.5 - show an overlay for app tips

Dave O

Licensed User
Hi all, I've uploaded version 2.2:

- added option to remove Skip button
- added true/false argument to Hide so you can suppress the OnHide event if needed (in most cases, just replace hide with hide(true))
- fixed spacing under buttons

Dave O

Licensed User
Hi all, I've uploaded version 2.4:

- fixed a positioning bug in addTipForArea when inside a scrollview
- fixed OnHide signature so it auto-completes properly

Dave O

Licensed User
There's no current way to go back to previous tips, although that would be easy to add. The main challenge would be making room for a third button (or moving the Skip button to a small close icon at the upper right, and putting Previous where Skip was). I'll give that some thought.

Lello1964

Licensed User
There's no current way to go back to previous tips, although that would be easy to add. The main challenge would be making room for a third button (or moving the Skip button to a small close icon at the upper right, and putting Previous where Skip was). I'll give that some thought.
I think it would be useful.

Dave O

Licensed User
Can we use this class cross platform?
Short answer: not yet, but shouldn't be hard for someone to port.

I haven't had the time (or need) to do any cross-platform apps yet, and haven't looked into what's involved in making a class/library/app work on other platforms, so I don't expect to create a cross-platform version of DOTips any time soon.

However, for someone who knows more about cross-platform stuff, this would probably be an easy class to port over. It uses basic controls (panels, labels, etc.) and most of the code deals with layout, which should be pretty portable. Also, the class only uses a few basic libraries - nothing exotic.

SMOOTSARA

Licensed User
Hi dear friend (Dave O) 🌹
Thank you for the very useful and open source module🙏

How can I set the text Gravity (Gravity.RIGHT) for Titel and Description to RIGHT ?

Thanks.