Android Question Download SLC

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
does anyone have a link to the latest version of SLC. I have version 1.00 and it does not work with b4a 5.02(1). I get the following:

upload_2015-7-22_8-39-10.png

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have added geo: to the uri list, compiled the lib, set the version to 1.27, hit refresh and got the following:
upload_2015-7-22_10-29-44.png

I have never done this before so I am a bit green, all help would be appreciated.

Regards

John.

Upvote 0

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
Add

com.github

into the line B4A-ignore in SLC when compiling the NFC lib i have edited....
Yep figured it out, thanks :)

There is a few different types of records, one being
B4X:
/*
  * Return True if Tag is of Text type
  */
   public boolean IsGeoType()
  {
  byte[] Type = getObject().getType();
  if (Type[0] == 83)
  return true;
  return false;
  }

Does anyone have any good docs/specs on these and how to parse the records. You can have a URI type with a comment, but this does not decode very well. I would be more then happy to maintain this lib to the best of my ability as it has direct relevance to a new product we are developing for a very large customer in Ireland that is involved in agriculture.

Regards

John.

Upvote 0

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure that I understand the question. Which records do you need to parse?

Using Tagwriter from NXP, you can write different types of records to the tag. So far the NFC lib supports UriType (85), TextType (84).
I write a 'Geo Location' type record with a comment in it, Type (83), and currently neither GetAsUriType() nor GetAsTextType() will decode it.

A type 83 record, when using GetAsUriType will cause this error : java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Invalid index -111, size is 37

A type 83 record, when using GetAsTextType will return this : Ⱝ〰㘮ㄳ㔵㐵儁ᑔɥ湨潬汹扲潯欠潦晩捥

So, I would plan to add to the NFC library, as best I can, more functionality to decode other record types.

Am I wrong is my thoughts or have I missed something ?

Regards

John.

Upvote 0

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this an NDEF formatted tag? Otherwise it will not work with the NFC library.
I used TAGWriter NXP to format the tag, tag type is 2, i have attached a some screen shots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-23-15-46-36.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-23-15-46-36.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot_2015-07-23-15-48-38.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-23-15-48-38.png
    105 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot_2015-07-23-15-49-39.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-23-15-49-39.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why do you need a new library to read these tags? How is it related to SLC (it would have been better to start a new thread for the second question)?

You can get the raw bytes if you like with the NFC library/.

I am going to get the raw bytes to deal with unsupported types, it's cool. did'nt mean for this to intrude on the SLC question.

Upvote 0