B4J Question Drag and Drop into window

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure if this is really a support question or not. I doubt this will be supported by default but maybe someone can offer some info to point me in the right direction.

How does one implement dragging and dropping from the operating system explorer window into a program / app? Let me explain a little more. I want to create an App (are b4j apps or programs?) to rename picture files. The app will have a set of controls / views shows as areas on the app window. The idea is that each of these areas will rename any file dragged into that are to a preset name. So the user navigates to the folder where the file resides in the windows explorer, not in the app. Then drags a file onto an area on the app and depending which area it was dropped to, the file gets renamed to that preset. Following?

So, any tips how to implement this, never done anything like it before so no clue where to start...

Thanks

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
That is just the article needed, exactly what i am after. Think it will be a while before I make any libs though, I need to do a lot of reading to figure how to even use b4j. Downloaded, installed, but that is it. Time is very tight at the moment. Working silly hours. Lucky to get 30 mins computer time per day....

Upvote 0