Android Question draw on TouchImageView via canvas

persianpowerman1

Licensed User
Longtime User
i want to Zoom into an image selected from gallery
then mark 2 points (x1,y1) and (x2,y2) because i need to know the distance between them.

Now to mark these points i found Klaus DrawPanel example very helpful...
but how to i make a marking on the Image in TouchImageview??
whenever i try to make a mark... the marking goes straight to the background ?!?!

YO!han

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Without seeing your code, it's difficult so suggest what you're doing wrong, but you probably need to add another panel and canvas to draw on to keep the two separate.

If this doesn't help, post your code for more help.

Upvote 0

persianpowerman1

Licensed User
Longtime User
hey cool.. thats a good idea...
trying and will get back

thanx steeve

... Basically... im trying to load a pic/image from gallery... then i want to be able to zoom into the picture... so i can clearly and accurately select 2 points...
i need to get the distance between those 2 points in Pixels...

so the marking part i got from Klaus' Draw panel... pretty cool... the distance i also cracked...
but the zooming in is a problem... hence i turned to TouchImageView...

will try and get back

Upvote 0

persianpowerman1

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok steeve... im kinda got my way around this one...
but still need your help... on something that isnt really adding up with regards to pixels count on an image... very weird beats my logic... i want to send you the project... but cz of that image... its larger than 512kb... so it wont come through... so can i send it on your [email protected]? or do you have another?

YO!han
hey.. dint know you were a musician.. pretty cool man!

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes send it to that email. I'm not really up on graphics, but I'll take a look and see if I can help.

Upvote 0