Android Question Droid Speech" continous speech recognition library requested

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Rick Harris, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Rick Harris

Rick Harris Well-Known Member Licensed User

Apparently the "Droid Speech" Github project offers continous speech recognition. See:
    https://github.com/vikramezhil/DroidSpeech

This project seems to offer great possibitities.

Is anyone able / willing to turn this into a B4A library?
    Ofcourse a donation will be provided.

Thanks in advance

rboeck likes this.
  2. canalrun

canalrun Well-Known Member Licensed User

I strongly second that request!

The Github page contains a lot of documentation, plus an example.

I would attempt creating a library if it were written for the older development tools.

Added Later:
    He gives example source code using his library written for the newer Android development system.

Could someone who has this development system installed compile the example he gives and upload the APK?

Thanks,
    Barry.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  3. Rick Harris

Rick Harris Well-Known Member Licensed User

Great! I wish I could help you, but I have no experience in developing such libraries or wrappers.

I already have an app called "Deaf Interpreter" which shows what people near a deaf person are saying.
    However, it is not continuous and thus there is a frequent gap of about 2 seconds due to having to restart the recognizer. In combination with an Android device that is equiped with a farfield microphone this Droid Speech library could be a tremendous aid for death people...

4. canalrun

canalrun Well-Known Member Licensed User

Have a look at Deaf Pad Pro (and Deaf Pad Free) on Google Play.

This is also an aide for Deaf individuals – does the same thing.

I will be looking at your "Deaf Interpreter"

Yes, I have the same problem with continuous speech recognition. Vikram Ezhil's library available for B4A would be very helpful.

It is just amazing how useful these phone-based "Interpreters" are for Deaf individuals.

Barry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice