Wish duplicate public variable warning

mterveen

Licensed User
Longtime User
currently i can define the exact same public variable in multiple process_globals. e.g. all 3 activities could have "dim i as int" in each process_globals. it would be nice to at least get a warning or better yet, be prevented from happening.

ac9ts

Licensed User
Longtime User
Then are they pointing to the same variable or are they separate for each declaration?

ac9ts

Licensed User
Longtime User
As "'These variables can be accessed from all modules", I can see mterveen's point where you think you are updating a process global but are in fact only updating a module variable (if you mistakenly give the same name). I'll have to keep this in mind on how a layout my code.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As "'These variables can be accessed from all modules", I can see mterveen's point where you think you are updating a process global but are in fact only updating a module variable (if you mistakenly give the same name). I'll have to keep this in mind on how a layout my code.
Not true, to update a global variable from a different module, you always have to use its prefix( class name or object name if it's a lib)

ac9ts

Licensed User
Longtime User
True but you may not always realize it until things go astray.