B4J Question Dynamic Variables in text to be stored and retrieved. Approach 1 of 3

paragkini

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello friends,
Need your views on the app that I am developing for my kids to do their home work or study practice.
This is an app which will have questios-answers, fill in the blanks and select correct options.
While question-answers category is pretty straight forward, fill in the blanks and choose option is a bit tricky (for me).
I have worked on different approaches to handle these questions and almost ready to start the development.
However just thought of presenting this to you all for your views so that I can get some inputs or find out any flaws in the approach which I can correct.
I will create three different threads to ensure discussions are not mixed up. (I hope that should be ok with the rules of the group)

Requirement 1
Requirement 2
Requirement 3

This thread is the 1 of the 3 threads (subsequently, approaches)
Would appreciate your feedback on the these approaches.

Requirement 1:
Fill in the blanks with sequence numbers.

Example:
Main Text :
This is the first word in the sentence before second word and which ends with this third word.

Saved Text:
This is the [#{1}] word in the sentence before [#{2}] word and which ends with this [#{3}] word.

Display :
This is the ______ word in the sentence before ______ word and which ends with this ______ word.

Where :

[#{1}] = "first"
[#{2}] = "second"
[#{3}] = "third"

This seems to be pretty clear where I will store everything with expected answer with its sequence and match the answers.
However, if there is any better way, please do respond.

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please update the thread-titles of your threads to sumarize the question in the Thread.

Your titles are of NO help for anyone who see the title.

Views / Inputs / Guidance required - Question Answer Application (x of y)

Upvote 0

paragkini

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tried editing the title, doesn't give any option. I can edit the post though...
Will put title (when I find out how to ) as Dynamic Variables in text to be stored and retrieved. Approach 1/2/3

Thanks.

Upvote 0