B4J Question Dynamic Variables in text to be stored and retrieved. Approach 3 of 3

paragkini

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello friends,
Need your views on the app that I am developing for my kids to do their home work or study practice.
This is an app which will have questios-answers, fill in the blanks and select correct options.
While question-answers category is pretty straight forward, fill in the blanks and choose option is a bit tricky (for me).
I have worked on different approaches to handle these questions and almost ready to start the development.
However just thought of presenting this to you all for your views so that I can get some inputs or find out any flaws in the approach which I can correct.
I will create three different threads to ensure discussions are not mixed up. (I hope that should be ok with the rules of the group)

Requirement 1
Requirement 2
Requirement 3

This thread is the 3 of the 3 threads (subsequently, approaches)
Would appreciate your feedback on the these approaches.

Requirement 3:

Objective :
Want to refer to the attachments like image, htmls or PDFs which will be stored on the server.
These will be accessible through the display text as a link.

Example:

Main Text :
Look at the image given and write 5 lines about people, place and activities happening in the picture.

Saved Text:
Look at the [@{ID5342}] given and write 5 lines about people, place and activities happening in the picture.

Display :
Look at the {Click:image} given and write 5 lines about people, place and activities happening in the picture.

Where:

[@{ID5342}] = Image stored in the server with ID 5342.

Clicking on this will open respective handler application (gallery/PDF reader/web view) with a back button.

This also seems to be pretty clear but want to know if there is any better way to do or is this has any flaw. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: