B4J Question Dynamically call "Custom Controls"

TonySav

An old VB programmer. I have made in the scene builder B4J a Custom pane that contains a number of controls. When I can get it working!I will have several of these different Custom panes. I want to call these panes dynamically in code, some of them possibly several times. As they are called up in code from a List View (or similar) I want them displayed in sequence one below the other in a pane in my main operating window. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Ed Brown

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you 'hinting' that Scene Builder layouts will not be supported in future?
I use Scene Builder as it allows me to place views/controls onto tab pages. Using the Internal Designer I have to load the tab pages using layouts - which I find to be more of a hassle.

Upvote 0

TonySav

Hi Erel, Your example allowed a single view to be displayed in code. What I was hoping for was to assemble a pane/container that contained many views or controls. I was unable to make a collection of controls into a "Custom view". Is this possible? Regards Tony

Upvote 0

TonySav

Hi Erel, Your last example is getting closer to what I am looking for - but I need a different approach. The client/user needs to be able to select one of 10 or 11 modules/Custom views. A module can contain up to 8 to 10 controls, text boxes, check boxes dropdown etc. When a module is selected the client enters his data and calculations are made. The next module is then selected (or the same one again several times) and new data entered. As the client selects modules they are displayed one below the other. The ideal would be a scroll pane in case the client ran out of display height.

Upvote 0

TonySav

Hi Erel, I like the use of a ListView this can solve a number of my problems. I am still having problems in constructing a "CustomView". In my test program all I get when I run it is text. Would very much appreciate if you would please run the attached and advise me.
Tony

Attachments

• ListView.zip
    40.3 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0