Easy HTML5 Video

AndyDroid2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anyone here used or even seen content on android created using Easy HTML5 Video, From their website it implies that all the hard work to make the web page embedded video is made easy. Before spending any cash, does anyone know of similar packages, GNU or open source PHP tools to do the same?
?
I currently use FLV files and FlowPlayer on my websites and tested OK on my own android, but I don't know if it works with all brands and e.g. Apple portable devices.

AndyDroid2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ooops, just realized it's a free for personal use, so I downloaded it and I am testing it now. Will add my results later.

Upvote 0

AndyDroid2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, not quite ready for prime time. I tested the program by converting a wmv file twice, once to a larger output size and once to its default size. Conversion took about 3 minutes each and the output is a .m4v file which is an Apple version of .mp4 and when I played the results uploaded to my website a strange problem exists. The software company says they are working on a solution.

When viewed in Android 4.0.4 everything is fine but viewed with a pc using IE or FireFox or Chrome or SeaMonkey, my original 4:3 format video image is forced to letterbox and slightly compressed vertical but not so bad it cant be viewed. Changing settings in the converter program did not fix this problem.

The url for my test video is http://www.carlukehistory.co.uk/html5/

When the program does the conversion it produces two files - the .m4v and also a .webm file and a html index file.
Playing the .m4v file locally on my pc using iTunes player I got the same size error so I am puzzled as to which file is being played by Android.... ?

Finally, the finished video has a small banner top right for the company home page which is acceptable though it would be nice if they removed it after a few seconds. I will stick with FlowPlayer until they fix the problem.

Upvote 0