Android Question Emulator with Google Play Service

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good day to you forum members,
After DonManfred resolved my problem relating to googlemap, another question crossed my mind which I need to open new thread for. Can somebody point to me download link for emulator that supports Google play service. I used 'Youwave' emulator at moment, I tried to download Google Play Store into it so I can through it install Google play service into it but to no avail. Tracing error relating to googlemap is quite impossible. I only use real android device when testing googlemap, which is not good enough tracing error during program development.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can create an emulator with B4A Sdk Manager with Google Play Services:

javaw_LVHg4loNPv.png

Upvote 0

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can create an emulator with B4A Sdk Manager with Google Play Services:

javaw_LVHg4loNPv.png
Yes, I tried this option, when I selected any screen size option, nothing shows on platform combobox, instead error was generated. This happens for years for each successive installations before I got used to YouWave which has been working fine except Google play service related problems I am having with it. I will relook at this option you mentioned again to see if I can resolve the problem. I have never used it for once since I started b4a programming. It should be the best option if I can make it to work.
Thank you Sir,
Much Regards!

Upvote 0

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am so grateful, thank you very much! In my own case, there was nothing like Android SDK Platform 23 and Google APIs Intel x86 and Atom_64 System Image in Recommended, Installed or All components even after refreshing several times with internet tested good. Below is my snapshots:

1.jpg 2.jpg

What i did next?
I re-downloaded 3.jpg , and created another folder android2 in C drive where i unzipped the SDK tools content (tools) folder , after pointing to C..android2..tools..bin..sdkmanager.bat . In the recommended components, yet, Android SDK Platform 23 and Google APIs Intel x86 and Atom_64 System Image were still not included

Question:
Is there any other way each of these components can be installed without going through B4A SDK manager? Can the old method Sdk manager be used to installed these components?
Regards

Upvote 0

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, thank you, don't hesitate to share with me if you get better idea to resolve my issue while i continue experimenting other options that come my way as well. I am so grateful for your effort so far.
Regards

Upvote 0