Enabling custom hardware in B4A

ericvanderhoeven

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Guys,

I've taken the step to develop a 5" capacitive 480x800 tablet in Shenzhen, based on an Allwinner A13.

2 chips are custom =

1/ a FM radio chip to listen to ... well... radio..
2/ a transceiver chip that can send and receive digital messages. Works on 2.4Ghz (but is much less complex than a Wifi/Bluetooth/Zigbee module)

ROM development and custom programming of this tablet is done by a guy in China but I need to have better control as the current development progress is slow as ..... He doesn't really understand what I want (but is willing to provide information/files) and I do not really know what to ask him.:BangHead:

Who out there can provide a helping hand in my main objectives =

1/ to be able to program these 2 custom chips from inside B4A through an external library. I've got JAVA codes that seem to contain some sort of an API structure.
2/ to be able to tweak default settings on Android (like switching the home page from landscape to portrait, turning LED buttons on/off, enabling virtual buttons). The hardware has a few bells and whistles attached to the Allwinner's GPIO ports (like LED's and jack socket and speaker switches) and ideally I want to control these too (outside their normal specifications we have given them to develop)

I've got most if not all of the files, even installed Ubuntu and Eclipse (both Linux and win7 version) but need a push in the right direction to make it all tick..

XverHelstX came to my rescue (thx man! :sign0188:) and we were able to integrate these API commands into an external library in B4A but in the end, the tablet spits back nasty errors when the apps try to run. He advised to post a thread and see where this may take me in getting closer to my objectives.

I need a guru!

Thanks,

Eric

citywest

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Eric,

Big project ;-)

I've been through something similar although not the extent of a new device!

Basically I've had few iterations of the thing including:

1) Custom Arduino based board which communicates via USB to Android.
2) As above but smaller, wrist watch sized device which uses BT for comms.
3) Same as two but using WIFI.

Device 2 was the easiest.

I don't know if this helps you at all but maybe "food for thought".

Cheers,

Mark S.

Upvote 0