iOS Question '#Entitlement: adding entitlement causes not install problem

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

I have added my current apps the
'#Entitlement: <key>aps-environment</key><string>production</string>

line to make the notifications visible. But adding these line causes installation failure. I use the bridge to install my app ( release ) and the circle starts to move with starting of install then it says app could not be installed at the moment. I did not change anything else. removing this line fixes the problem. I am using firebase notifications in this app.

thanks

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was able to reproduce it. You are using a development certificate so change that line to:
B4X:
#Entitlement: <key>aps-environment</key><string>development</string>
Note that it is better to use a distribution certificate with push notifications.
Erel,

Thanks for answer. I tried to change it but both production and development gives me the same result. By the way i am using distrubution / adhoc provision profile as you suggested in firebase tutorial.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems like you haven't enable push notifications in this provision profile.

There is no aps-environment key in the Entitlements key. For example:

SS-2016-10-10_14.53.26.png

You should enable it in the app id settings:

SS-2016-10-10_14.55.13.png

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems like you haven't enable push notifications in this provision profile.

There is no aps-environment key in the Entitlements key. For example:

SS-2016-10-10_14.53.26.png

You should enable it in the app id settings:

SS-2016-10-10_14.55.13.png

Erel just checked again but provision file has no option to enable or disable a push notification. I checked my app id and it is already enabled . I had done that when i first added firebase to my app.

https://s11.postimg.org/tn60y1wgj/push1.png

maybe because my certificate also expired , i have to re do the push notifications settings ( uploading apn certificate etc as described in firebase tutorial ? )

Upvote 0