Android Question Error adb: failed to install (Solved)

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

I am getting this error when trying to use the emulator

Error adb: failed to install TestApp_DEBUG.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS: : Failed to extract native libraries, res=-113]

Any ideas?

Thanks
iCAB

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the device has not the right cpu for the native -so files in a library you are using.

Upvote 0

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Remove all used libraries and add them one by one following a install until it crashes (the last added library is most probably the Issue).
Sorry Don, you completely lost me in here.

So I compile the code and now I have the debug...apk, what is the next step?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
YOU need to find out. DO it.
Check the used libraries. The problematic one does contains or uses .so files.
Check them BEFORE compiling.

To check without looking at the jar files:
Create a new project and add the libraries you need. ONE by ONE.
Add one; compile. If it works, add the next one and compile again. If it works, add the next one and compile again. [...] Until you know which one it is which causes the problem.

If there are AAR files used (from one of the libraries or by using #additionaljar) then the AAR may contain .so files too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Don, thanks for your feedback!

But before I dig into this, I just need to understand one thing. Why is it a problem only when using an AVD and not a real device.
I tried 2 different AVD: default based 86 and another one 86_64 and both give the same issue, while connecting a tablet or a phone over USB works ok.

Thanks
iCAB

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Honestly i didn´t realized that you are using an EMULATOR.
I thought you were talking about An Android app which you want to install on your Device.

An Android device usually have armeabi-v7a or arm64-v8a CPU.

Libraries which contains .so files usually provide natives for armeabi-v7a and sometimes for arm64-v8a. But it is rare that they do provide a native for x86 or x64 TOO.

Ok, the emulator is using x86 or x64. So for the emulator the library must provide x86/x64 Natives too to work on the Emulator.

Upvote 0

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Perfect, no problem!
Then here is the library "LibLame". most likely I would have to comment out this code to try the app on the emulator.

Thanks
iCAB

Upvote 0