Java Question Error Compiling Library

Richard O'Sullivan

Licensed User
I recently got a Handheld device with a Low Frequency RFID reader. It included a sample app to scan the RFID chips. I have tried to use Simple Library Compiler but I am coming up with the following Errors:

upload_2017-8-15_17-3-35.png

upload_2017-8-15_17-7-14.png

The APK file for Demo1 does exist. How do I get it to fix this error?

Also the 2nd error.

I would love to have this compile as a library and available in my B4A. All help appreciated.

The link to the package is: -
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_yY2jIHpv8rQnkyaVJka2RTMDQ?usp=sharing

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Second issue - have you Recompiled as indicated to give more information?

I guess you understand what that warning is telling you..?

Richard O'Sullivan

Licensed User
Thanks eps - the case sensitivity did clear the errors for a bit - after a resubmit they re-appear - need to look a bit deeper.

2nd point - No - old API fine but as I don't know java or how to overcome or even how to compile with Xlint.

Richard

Reactions: eps

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Me either..!

But this "It's exactly what the error says- your program is using a part of Java that has been deprecated in newer versions. If you recompile with -Xlint:deprecation, it will tell you which one, and you can replace it with the newer API in your code."

From here, may help.. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12392750/uses-or-overrides-a-deprecated-api-compiler-warning

Which then leads you to here : https://community.oracle.com/message/6375983

Have you got the source to recompile it?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
2nd point - No - old API fine but as I don't know java or how to overcome or even how to compile with Xlint.
Ignore this message, it is not relevant.

The missing class (R) is a class that is generated based on the resources.
It looks like you are trying to compile their demo app to a library. It will not work. You need to compile the wrapper that references this SDK.

Richard O'Sullivan

Licensed User
Thanks eps for the links.

@Erel - from the linked file in the first message can you please explain what parts of the directory structure I need to submit to SLC to get a library for use with B4A. Are all the parts available in the source or am I missing something critical?
I don't understand Java that is why I try use B4A. What exactly is the wrapper? Please explain a bit more and maybe then I will understand and maybe others like myself may also get a better understanding.

Richard

Richard O'Sullivan

Licensed User
Well if I knew what I needed to wrap then I might have a chance of getting somewhere.!

B4A community is by and large a very helpful one but its when times like this when someone is struggling that the "Gurus" can simply swipe them aside as if they are morons. Its happens more than you think.
I would appreciate if someone could kindly spend a little time and review my file upload and please advise exactly what I need to do and are the source libraries and java files available within the upload. Any constructive help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard