Android Question Error in debug mode: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create service com.sadLogic.KitchenEssent

JakeBullet70

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Hi all.
Ran into this today in debug mode. Release works fine. Any ideas?

Thanks.

upload_2016-6-26_12-9-6.png
 

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Just a guess...
It's unwilling to start "kitchen essentials" because it is already sated :D

Sorry Jake, I couldn't resist.
Anyway (I'm not good at understanding all those error/debug lines) it seems something related to an EOF while reading an int from a stream in VirtualAssets. Surely others will point you in the right direction.

udg
 

JakeBullet70

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
OK, it only happens in rapid debug mode. Legacy and release mode are fine.
 

JakeBullet70

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
This error usually happens when the process was restarted after you ran it. For example if it was started from a StartServiceAt call.
But why only in rapid debugger?
I am back to only using the legacy debugger.
 

JakeBullet70

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Every time. I am using the ADB and a real device. (I have even tried on a 2nd device) I have tried un-installing and starting clean.

Head scratcher... And only in rapid debug.
 

JakeBullet70

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Just shared a one drive folder. Email sent to support. Let me if there is any way I can help.

Thanks.
 

JakeBullet70

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
I see it now. If you export to zip from b4a it does not include any extra folders. My weather images are in a folder called weathericon that resides in the normal b4a files folder

I have added a new zip file (weathericon.zip) in the shared one drive. It is the weather images. So in the b4a files folder create a folder named weathericon and extract the new zip to it.

Thanks Erel
 

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
Note that there is a problem with the fonts in this screen:

upload_2016-7-10_17-5-59.png


Maybe you are using 'dip' units in the font size.

I see one caught error when I run it in debug mode. I don't think that it is related to the issue discussed here. Tried it multiple times and it works properly.
Have you tried to uninstall the app and then install it again?

B4X:
** Log write: Activity_Start --> FirstTime=true
** Log write: Activity_resume --> panelContainer.IsInitialized = False
Error occurred on line: 1129 (Main)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Object should first be initialized (AHViewPager).
   at anywheresoftware.b4a.AbsObjectWrapper.getObject(AbsObjectWrapper.java:50)
   at anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.ViewWrapper.RemoveView(ViewWrapper.java:278)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
   at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.runVoidMethod(Shell.java:748)
   at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEventImpl(Shell.java:343)
   at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEvent(Shell.java:247)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
   at anywheresoftware.b4a.ShellBA.raiseEvent2(ShellBA.java:134)
   at com.sadLogic.KitchenEssentials.main.afterFirstLayout(main.java:102)
   at com.sadLogic.KitchenEssentials.main.access$000(main.java:17)
   at com.sadLogic.KitchenEssentials.main$WaitForLayout.run(main.java:80)
   at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:751)
   at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
   at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
   at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6044)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
   at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:865)
   at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:755)
Can you run it in debug mode and post or send me the unfiltered logs?
 

JakeBullet70

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
** Log write: Activity_Start --> FirstTime=true
** Log write: Activity_resume --> panelContainer.IsInitialized = False
Error occurred on line: 1129 (Main)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Object should first be initialized (
AHViewPager).
This one is known and has to do with the AHViewPager that can be rebuilt many many times with different pages. It is ugly and there is probably a better way but low on my bug list.

I will have to check the dips on the fonts. My older son wrote that code.

Unfiltered log includes in a zip file.

Thanks again Erel!
 

Attachments

JakeBullet70

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Sorry for the late reply . My home hyper v server died so after work I have been rebuilding. Anyway I will get back to you some better info. Thanks
 

JakeBullet70

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Hi Erel.

Uninstall helps. It still go crazy after 20 or 30 re-starts and then I have to uninstall again but it is 90% more workable. :)
And it is only this one project. Everything else works fine.

Thanks again.
 
Top