iOS Question Error installing B4i-Bridge app

TJ_REC

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to install the B4i-Bridge app using the hosted build service and I get an error on my "Unable to Download App" "B4i-Bridge could not be downloaded at this time."

I have installed the B4i profile.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have installed the B4i profile.
1. Do you see it listed in the device profiles: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/installing-b4i-bridge-and-debugging-first-app.45871/ ?
Open the provision file with a text editor and look for the ProvisionedDevices:

SS-2015-03-04_08.56.35.png

Do you see your device here?

Is your device running iOS 7+ ?

Upvote 0

TJ_REC

Licensed User
Longtime User
The issue was with the provisioned device UDID.
I initially used itunes to get the UDID, but for some reason i must have clicked the text box more than once and the UDID i copied was wrong.

Then I used one of the many UDID apps in app store.. and used the udid reported by it.
But it seems that all UDID apps in the app store report a different UDID.. strange (maybe something to do with tracking/privacy)

So I used iTunes again and found the correct UDID and created a new mobileprovisioning file. downloaded it and published the bridge.

Now I am not getting an error when installing the app. Safari asks me if I want to install the B4i-Bridge app and I click yes.. and then nothing happens.
I cannot find the app. I searched for "B4i".. etc Rebooted my phone. I still cannot see the bridge app.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Upvote 0

TJ_REC

Licensed User
Longtime User
So i managed to install the bridge on my ipad ios version 8.1.2
i double checked the udid. rebooted several times, still no luck.
my iphone is 8.1.3.. does that matter?

Upvote 0