Error Message for fmodce.dll

twfx

Hi,

I am trying to adjust the volume with fmod library. Downloaded the wce4 (375ce) dll file and added it with Tools->Components. After OK, I got a message saying "An error message cannot be displayed because an optional resource assemblycontaining it cannot be found, Continue?".

By searching this forum, following that "error messages on device" post.

With the cab file in System_SR_ENU_wm.zip installed , I still got an error message "File or assembly name "\SD Card\My Documents\fmodce.dll", or one of its dependencies, was not found.", no mater I put the file in the source file's directory or basic4ppc' installation directory.

But choosing basic4ppc's lib "System.data.SQlite.dll", everything looks fine.

The version info checked with File->Help->About is "Version 6.50, .Net Version: 2.0.7045".

So, is this a compatibility problem for fmodce.dll with the new version, or something else caused the error?

Thanks!

twfx

Thanks for your answer!

I found the fmoddevice.dll 1.5 file in the forum. But it seems that I could not download it. So do you know how to get this file or if there is some other way just to get volume adjustable?

Thanks again!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I remember correctly it is the same library as the one distributed with the trial version.
The libraries in the official updates and additional libraries subforums are only available to licensed users.

Anyway the volume in the FMOD library doesn't affect the device's volume. It only affects the volume of music played with FMOD.

twfx

Thank you!
I thought that function could control devices' volume. So is there any way to implement volume control for the device?

By the way, I can only find one dll file (...sqlite.dll) distributed with 6.5' cab package. So those dll codes were built in the exe file?

Thanks!

twfx

Hi, Erel,
Thanks for all your replies.
I only installed the device version and so had those silly questions.
I've found the lib files in the desktop version.

Thanks again!
twfx