Bug? Error Message "Index out of range" after Starting B4A

Discussion in 'Bugs & wishlist' started by ernschd, Jul 1, 2015.

  1. ernschd

    ernschd Member Licensed User

    Hello,

    after starting B4A an Popup occurs displaying the following text (translated):
    I'm using Windows XP with SP3 and .Net 2.0 and .Net 4.0
     

    Attached Files:

  2. sorex

    sorex Expert Licensed User

    I have that too sometimes but when I close B4A and reopen it in order to screenshot it it never happends again.
     
  3. Erel

    Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

  4. ernschd

    ernschd Member Licensed User

    Here's the log file
     

    Attached Files:

    • log.txt
      File size:
      7.2 KB
      Views:
      15
  5. sorex

    sorex Expert Licensed User

    here's mine...

    Notice that it doesn't happen all the time on my machine. Most of the time it's the first time that I use B4A on that day.
     

    Attached Files:

    • log.txt
      File size:
      7.4 KB
      Views:
      15
  6. Erel

    Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

    Thank you. Based on the logs in both cases it failed to load the IDE layout file.

    I see where it fails and added a check to prevent if from failing. However in the long run I recommend you to switch to Windows 7+. The IDE will be faster and you will not encounter these issues.
     
  7. ernschd

    ernschd Member Licensed User

    Thank you.
    As far as B4A is working anyway it's not a real problem for me.
     
  8. haungmaojung

    haungmaojung Member Licensed User

    Hi Erel,
    I've just installed a lastest version of B4A (5.02). I've experienced the same error when I opened a
    .b4a file B4A popup an error message "index out of range"...
    I open this bad source .b4a and compared it with another good .b4a in NotePad. I found the missing line of bad .b4a 'Build1=Default,eAI.FAI.eaiTCP'.
    Code:
    Version=5.02
    NumberOfModules=0
    Build1=Default,eAI.FAI.eaiTCP
    ManifestCode='...'
    IconFile=

    I add this line 'Build1=.....' into the bad .b4a and click it to open. It works now.

    For some reasons, Version of B4A before 5.02 may have chance to miss this line 'Bulid1=....'
    don't why, but I found several .b4a I wroted using previous version of B4A has this problems.
     
Loading...