error msg

bdiscount

Licensed User
I have been plaing with drawimage and it gives me a error msg "an error message cannot be displayed because an optional resource assembly cantains it cannot be found Continue" What am I missing?

I also get an error on the device with the same code as the pc, but I guess that is something in the device I can't see.
I SYNCED THE SAME CODE FROM PC AND IT WORKED BUT NOT WHEN WRITTEN ON THE DEVICE(caps mistake)
I do all my coding on the device, I wish there was a clipboard from help to editor.
Thanks for all the help.
This simple draw program has turned into a major project.
[email protected]

bdiscount

Licensed User
I have the exact same program (Drawimage1) one typed in on the pc(clipboard) and one typed in on the device the device one I get an error at rectdest.new1(100,100,25,25)
do you have any ideas of what is wrong

bdiscount

Licensed User
I have rectdest added in tools. I also still get the errormessage because it can't find resource, after I installed the System eng etc.
I will try the device code on the pc but that won't tell me why it wont work on device.

bdiscount

Licensed User
rectdest

This is becoming a dilema. I still get an error
parameter is not valid with the code I put in on the device.
I have copied thcod from one program to the other on the pc and still device code no work. something must be embedded. I have even retype the line in. I am at my wits end. I have noticed other times that something didn't work and sometimes it did. Could my copy of B4ppc 5.5 have a glitch in it?

Maybe if I try downloading it again it would help.
just thought of something does 5.5 come with dlls in it or do I still have to add it(which i have).

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I also still get the errormessage because it can't find resource,
For clarification - The error message you are getting does NOT describe the original error but is a secondary error saying that your device cannot display the cause of the original error because it is missing the Assembly containing the error messages.

Are you trying to use the ImageLib library? Is it present on the device in the same directory as the source code? If so can you successfully "New1" other types of object (Drawer, Bitmap etc.) from the library. If so then I can only think that you have a typo in the name of the Rectangle object that you are trying to make.

bdiscount

Licensed User
Agraham
I get a parameter is not valid on the pc with same code typed in on the device. Even when I retype on the pc. I left another msg while you were replying to mine which makes it worse. I am going to compare both files in notepad++. thanks for your time.

bdiscount

Licensed User
My Goof

I compared and found I had recdest as a bitmap not a rectangle. I wish I had put it in notepad++ earlier
Next time I will look for that.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am afraid that you are not giving us enough information to help you with whatever problems you are having. Just saying
I get a parameter is not valid on the pc with same code typed in on the device.
doesn't tell us anything to let us help you. We need to know what libraries (Components) you are trying to use and see the exact bit of source code that is causing the problem together with the exact text of any error message you are seeing.