Error msgbox too big to acknowledge

SarahWard

Banned
Occasionally I get a device IDE problem. (program a lot on my PPC).

The error message box is too tall to get to the OK button to clear the message and continue.

The only way to continue is to stop b4ppc program from 'Running Programs' in setup. Any unsaved code changes are lost in this process.

The generic wording of the error message "An error message cannot be displayed because an optional resource assembly cannot be found.. Continue...

This message could be shortened to overcome this problem so we can get to the Continue button.

I have tried to drag the message window up but it won't go up enough to show the hidden continue button (the photo attached shows the highest position it can be moved to).

Sarah

Attachments

• error msgbox too big.jpg
    error msgbox too big.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
"An error message cannot be displayed because an optional resource assembly cannot be found.. Continue...
Look at the FAQ page link on the Basic4ppc home page Basic4ppc - Windows Mobile programming and Pocket PC Development. Fourth link up from the bottom of the list.

There's nothing can be done to alter the message box unless Erel changes the text formatting in the Basic4ppc source code but showing the proper error messages may be a step along the way (and wait till you see my debugger library that will work with the next version of the device IDE :cool: I've presently got it running on a hacked version of the current device IDE - and yes, Erel does know :))

SarahWard

Banned
Thank you, AG. Yes, displaying the actual error messages will stop the long generic one from hanging up the IDE. I will try it.

sarah