Android Question Error trying to compile - om.google.android.datatransport/transport-api

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,

everything was working fine but today when I tried to compile Android apps I'm getting the error:

B4A Version: 9.30
Java Version: 8
Parsing code. (0.21s)
Building folders structure. (0.67s)
Compiling code. (2.04s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.13s)
Organizing libraries. Error
Maven artifact not found: com.google.android.datatransport/transport-api

My B4A version is 9.30, it's everything updated in paths and besides I already have the android.jar sdk 29, I'm using the sdk 28 as recommended... something was changed, but what?

Please help!!!

upload_2019-12-12_13-37-8.png

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,

everything was working fine but today when I tried to compile Android apps I'm getting the error:

B4A Version: 9.30
Java Version: 8
Parsing code. (0.21s)
Building folders structure. (0.67s)
Compiling code. (2.04s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.13s)
Organizing libraries. Error
Maven artifact not found: com.google.android.datatransport/transport-api

My B4A version is 9.30, it's everything updated in paths and besides I already have the android.jar sdk 29, I'm using the sdk 28 as recommended... something was changed, but what?

Please help!!!

View attachment 86282
Ok, I used the sdk manager and FORCED to download the related transport api's, BUT now I'm getting other error:

Maven artifact not found: com.google.dagger/dagger

I didn't find any dagger artifact in the sdk manager list... how to proceed? Anybody?

Upvote 0

Marcos Alves

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, Fixed!
For those that could have the same problem:

1. Search and install from sdk manager the packets related in error messages
2. You will NOT find the dagger in list... look this @Erel thread : https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/updates-to-internal-libraries.59340/#post-698792
3. After doing the updates of the packages and libraries indicated by @Erel in the thread above, you could get a new Firebase error
4. Open again SDK manager and follow the procedure indicated in the item 1 above

Ready... working again! It looks that Google changed something and some libraries where outdated or required to change (but sdk manager wasn't signaling this).

That's it. I hope that this post could help someone that is having the same problem...

Upvote 0

aregan

Licensed User
Ok, Fixed!
For those that could have the same problem:

1. Search and install from sdk manager the packets related in error messages
2. You will NOT find the dagger in list... look this @Erel thread : https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/updates-to-internal-libraries.59340/#post-698792
3. After doing the updates of the packages and libraries indicated by @Erel in the thread above, you could get a new Firebase error
4. Open again SDK manager and follow the procedure indicated in the item 1 above

Ready... working again! It looks that Google changed something and some libraries where outdated or required to change (but sdk manager wasn't signaling this).

That's it. I hope that this post could help someone that is having the same problem...

Thanks - That really helped me out

Upvote 0