iOS Question Error trying to compile with the attribute #minversion 11

Francisco Picado

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to update my APP with the new policies for the Appstore to work with Iphone X and submit a new Upgrade App.

I i set it to #MinVersion: 7 or Even #MinVersion: 9 the parameter, it compile Fine Whitout Error. but If I set #MinVersion: 11 to compile either bridge or release mode I get the error:

"Check dependencies
warning: iOS 11.0.0 does not support armv7
(at the end)
The following build commands failed:
CompileC build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/main.o B4iProject/main.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler"

I have installed B4i Version: 5.00 and Hosted Builder.

At first I thought it was because within my devices in my Apple account there was an iphone 4s, I removed it, I returned to generate: SigningRequest File, Certificates, App ID, Provisioning Profiles, but it persists.

Francisco Picado

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your Reply,

Well maybe I'm wrong, as I understand appstore will require only 64-bit applications and with IOS 11 or higher, for that reason I understood that the #minversion parameter would have to place it to 11, I know that to support Iphone X there are already ways to adapt to the type of screen and this does not affect its functionality.

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/iphone-x-safe-area.88095/#content

if I'm wrong then what would be the MinVersion parameter (as a minimum) that could be set so that I do not reject the update to my AppStore ?, 9,10 maybe ?, I understand by another post that below 11, b4i will always generate the versions of 32 and 64 Bits,

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...-bit-apps-to-the-app-store.87231/#post-552247

there I solve the problem of Architecture, it is for the IOS version that I'm not sure which version to place for that parameter.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well maybe I'm wrong, as I understand appstore will require only 64-bit applications and with IOS 11 or higher, for that reason I understood that the #minversion parameter would have to place it to 11, I know that to support Iphone X there are already ways to adapt to the type of screen and this does not affect its functionality.
You are wrong.

if I'm wrong then what would be the MinVersion parameter (as a minimum) that could be set so that I do not reject the update to my AppStore ?, 9,10 maybe ?, I understand by another post that below 11, b4i will always generate the versions of 32 and 64 Bits,
For several years now Apple requires apps to include a 64 bit binary. It doesn't mean that your app must not support older versions.

You should set the MinVersion to the minimum version supported by your app. By default it is 7.

Upvote 0

Francisco Picado

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel,

Today I got the approval of the AppStore for my Application Update, at the end place #MinVersion: 9 and without any problem. I appreciate your comments and help.

Upvote 0