Android Question Error with an old project

Sasuke Sama

Licensed User
So i loaded an old project ( not that old about 6 months old ) and thought about running it before making the changes but when i try to do so im getting this

B4X:
B4A Version: 9.80
Java Version: 8
Parsing code.    (0.10s)
Building folders structure.    (0.03s)
Compiling code.    (0.91s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.04s)
Organizing libraries.    (0.04s)
    (AndroidX SDK)
Generating R file.    Error
d:\android sdk\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\appcompat\appcompat\1.1.0\unpacked-appcompat-1.1.0\res\layout\abc_screen_simple.xml:25: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout' with value '@layout/abc_action_mode_bar').
d:\android sdk\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\appcompat\appcompat\1.1.0\unpacked-appcompat-1.1.0\res\layout\abc_screen_simple.xml:32: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout' with value '@layout/abc_screen_content_include').
d:\android sdk\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\appcompat\appcompat\1.1.0\unpacked-appcompat-1.1.0\res\layout\abc_screen_simple_overlay_action_mode.xml:30: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout' with value '@layout/abc_screen_content_include').
d:\android sdk\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\appcompat\appcompat\1.1.0\unpacked-appcompat-1.1.0\res\layout\abc_screen_simple_overlay_action_mode.xml:32: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout' with value '@layout/abc_action_mode_bar').
d:\android sdk\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\appcompat\appcompat\1.1.0\unpacked-appcompat-1.1.0\res\layout\abc_screen_toolbar.xml:25: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout' with value '@layout/abc_screen_content_include').
d:\android sdk\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\appcompat\appcompat\1.1.0\unpacked-appcompat-1.1.0\res\layout-v26\abc_screen_toolbar.xml:25: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout' with value '@layout/abc_screen_content_include').
not quite sure what it means so if anyone knows something

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Maybe you can try this first

Upvote 0

Sasuke Sama

Licensed User
Maybe you can try this first
already tried that
i have other projects which works just fine and also uses appcompst so ..
i will try to update the sdk stuff and see

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
1. Have you jetified all additional libraries?
2. Are you using AppCompat 4.0? Did you redownload V4.0 as it already includes a AndroidX Version?

Upvote 0

Sasuke Sama

Licensed User
1. Have you jetified all additional libraries?
2. Are you using AppCompat 4.0? Did you redownload V4.0 as it already includes a AndroidX Version?
Yes
Yes
Also as i said earlier all my projects ( that uses appcompat ) are working just fine except this one

Upvote 0