B4R Question ESP 12E Access Point Network Breaks with Windows 10

embedded

Licensed User
Longtime User
Found Strange Behaviour with Windows 10....Working with ESP12E as Access Point Breaks the Network after running sometime.....but it works very good with Windows 7. Esp 12E/12F networks never breaks..I have tested it upto 8 hours several times...Why this happen with windows 10...plz help...ANY Solution

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem with Windows 10 is the fact that its still two different operating systems in one. Alot of issues stem from that fact, Because there are tons of settings in control panel, But at the same time there are similar or same settings in "Settings" app. Both of which run on different wavelengths.

There were several instances where I had to go into Settings and change some things, and THEN go to Control Panel and change those same exact things, Before anything worked properly. Energy/Sleep is one of them. There are a multitude of others, like User accounts, Firewall settings, etc.

Windows 10 is a hot mess. All I have to say. Sadly, "officially" its forced upon users that need to upgrade their hardware where older OSes are not supported. Unless you want to do linux, but even that has a whole host of its own issues.

My environment right now is Linux Mint 19 with Win7 as a Guest VM OS. Most of the time its ok, but I get a hard freeze every once in awhile, or a bad boot every once in awhile. Something windows doesnt normally do.

Also the deal breaker for me as of recently, is the fact that ADB USB debugging forwarding through to the VM is very buggy and crash happy. itll Abort the guest OS. Alot.

Upvote 0