Android Question Excluding 4:3 Aspect Ratio Screens in the Manifest

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by wonder, Feb 16, 2015.

1. wonder

wonder Expert Licensed User

Hi guys,

This isn't really a B4A question, but anyway I need your help.
    I'm updating an old app, but I need to exclude 4:3 (iPad style) screens in the manifest, so that it doesn't appear on Google Play for this kind of devices. Some of my bad reviews are due to this issue, so I don't want the app available for download on these devices anymore.

My app suports any screen size, the problem is really the aspect ratio. I was reading this article, but I couldn't find what I need:
    http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/manifest/supports-screens-element.html
    Please have a look, maybe I'm missing something.

I know that I could update the code to make it compatible with all screens, but since this was my first app, I'm not willing to do it. The code is a mess and the resize method I used, despite being functional, is pretty archaic. It's a pain to update even just a few lines of code.

Bottom line, please help me exclude all 4:3 (and all other "squarish") aspect ratio devices in Google Play via Manifest.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice