Expert status

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey, after 8 and a half year of activity in this forum you now can call me an "Expert". :D

I feel much better now as the "Well known member" before. :cool:

Last edited:

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I feel much better now as the "Well known member" before

As far as I am concerned , you have been an expert for many years, thanks to all the great contributions and libraries dedicated to this forum.
I wish Erel does away with these classifications and removes these different levels. so everyone has the same classification and garners the same respect, regardless of the number of messages. The hierarchy established in the forum is sometimes intimidating to many of us and especially to newer members. Everyone should be a 'Member' and everyone knows in their heart their level of knowledge. In 300 more messages, I would be classified as 'Expert'. There is no way. I have a long way to go and do not consider that reachable, as there is always something new coming down the pike that brings you back to Earth. I like the 'like' system which shows appreciation for help.

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You definetly deserved to get this new status :)
As far as I an concerned , you have been an expert for many years, thanks to all the great contributions and libraries dedicated to this forum.
SIGN

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
if i am not wrong you get that title if you post 2000 msg. so i also got the expert title after posting 2000 questions.
the difference is i am not sure i have the answers for them so i guess i am an expert in asking questions :p

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@corwin42 : congratulations!

Personally I prefer the "well-known" status because I like to read it as "a person with good reputation", so I hope Erel will one day raise the number of needed messages for the Expert status to 3000 or more, postponing my title change.

Oooops, this message took me one step closer to it ..eheh

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I have never considered this 'important'.
But, I am sure that the users of this forum recognize the Experts, independent of the subtitle below their avatar and the number of posts.

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I have never considered this 'important'.
But, I am sure that the users of this forum recognize the Experts, independent of the subtitle below their avatar and the number of posts.
Sure Klaus, you are one :)

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As many others mentioned here I think the status is completely useless but I guess it can't be removed from the forum software.

It was just interesting for me to check, when I registered to the forum and to remember how I got here.

Yes, it was a long way from the old Basic4PPC days until today. I learned a lot in these years.

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the status is completely useless
I have never considered this 'important'.
Obviously it means something to @Erel. If you click on the 'members' button located at the top left on this page, you will be greeted with the 'Top 20 Notable Members'. That is definitely intimidating.
Perhaps if @Erel prefers to leave it this way or cannot modify is, to give the member the ability to edit his/her profile where he/she can hide his/her number of messages and ranking. This way you can please everyone on both sides of the aisle.

An Schi

Licensed User
I guess it can't be removed from the forum software

I doubt that. At the forums i admined and hosted, this was just checkbox for showing the rank, edittext for the rankstring and a number for the needed posts in the adminpanel.
But like the rest of you i don't care if it is there or not ;)

Mikelgiles

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I am too old to be intimated and also too old to ever become a expert. I think I will just be a member and just be known for my dumb questions.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
just be known for my dumb questions

There is a chinese quote that says:

"Don't be shy to ask, be shy not to know!"

So i am not sure if there are dumb question but there are for sure question that could be easy to solve. So always try first by yourself and use the search function and if u r stuck ask your question even if it looks dumb to you its better to ask then to don't know the answer. ;)

Last edited:

Mikelgiles

Licensed User
Longtime User
I always search before asking. The reason I think some are dumb is that I am pretty far behind on new stuff. Took me forever to get off of the old DOS Quick Basic and onto VB6. I am hoping it doesn't take me so long to move forward this time.

Eme Fibonacci

Licensed User
Longtime User
I always look for questions that I can help. I stay happy when I help some.
But usually I only get "Thank you". Rarely "likes".:confused:

I think it will take me a long time to have 100 "likes".

Whatever. I like b4x.:D