External Display ($200?)

Martin Beukes

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I really need a simple working implementation of the presentation framework. No Chromecast or anything like that. It will most likely be a cabled solution (otg hub with HDMI) or Miracast dongle.

I am needing to add/remove views from a panel shown a second display. This will not be a mirror of the device display. The simpler to use the better as time is against me.

Price flexible, I just need it done asap. Pm me to negotiate.

Thanks,
Martin

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I do not understand, there is the library. I do not understand exactly what you need

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
there is the library
It only shows the content you see on the Device. Kind of a Mirror display. But not a different display (video or whatever).

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It only shows the content you see on the Device. Kind of a Mirror display. But not a different display (video or whatever).
Show mirror what's in the linked panel, if the panel is hidden on the device you'll see something else. I've tried it a year ago about

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Martin Beukes

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow, thanks for all the responses!

OliverA, that is basically what I want to do.

You don't even need a library for that, just a MHL or ScreenPort(or whatever it is called) cable.

There is a library that is supposed to do this. It wraps the presentation class which was introduced in lolipop. 3 issues for me.: 1) old library doesn't build. There is more information on the question thread I posted before this. 2) I can't wrap a present, let alone a complex library. 3) Time. I haven't got enough to figure it out. I just want a simple implementation where I give an object a panel with one or more views in it, and boom, magic. Two screens.

Plus the client will pay happily if the implementation is quick. And it would be a cool library for the community. So that is a bonus.

somed3v3loper is working on it at the moment. So holding thumbs.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think you understand that you want to send a different image to the screen on the screen than the device screen.

you can do it with mirroring. Mirroring sends a copy of a panel you choose as if it were a mirror. Do not send everything you have on the main display but only what you have on the panel you chose.

If the panel is hidden behind other panels in the main display, you will see nothing, but in the secondary display you will always see that panel even if hidden.

Martin Beukes

Licensed User
Longtime User
Stardust, am I missing something here.

1) what you describe is basically what I need to do. Show a panel from the activity in Fullscreen on the secondary display(TV). (Anything more is just semantics.)
2) the current library of out of date and I cannot get it to build so can't do or test anything.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I do not know if the library is up to date. But I think you're wrong about not being able to do it.

Unfortunately I did not have time to resume my old project. Now I'm working intensely.

But in a one-year project I remember you did what you describe with the library that's already available. So I think you're wrong, but I do not have time to look for my old project.

Maybe I'm going to check it up next weekend, for now I can confirm it to 89%. When I can guarantee you 100% :D:D:D

Martin Beukes

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Stardust.

I KNOW it can be done 100%. That is why I posted a bounty.

I also know I wasted a whole day trying to build with the old library. Unless it is packaged with all the right support files, it can't be used anymore. That I Why I posted a bounty.

I just really need it to work. Don't really mind how.