iOS Question Fails on Sumulator

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

If I run my app on my iPhoneX it runs fine. (or any iPhone device it runs fine) in both release and debug mode.

However, if I try and run it on the simulator it fails to compile. (in both debug and release mode)

Attached is the error. Any ideas on why it doesn't compile based on the attached file ?

Running B4i Version 5.51
Local Builder 5.5

I also created a blank B4i App, and selected all the library's and it complied and runs fine in the simulator.

I didn't copy any code over from my other project (due to it having many code modules etc), only selected the library's.

Not sure if selecting the library's includes them or if I need to add the code for it to include the library's. But thought it had something to do with the library's and why it didn't compile so that is why I selected the library's just to check if it works or not.

Attachments

• error.txt
    330.8 KB · Views: 161

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
ld: warning: ignoring file ../../Libs/libiCircularProgress.a, missing required architecture x86_64 in file ../../Libs/libiCircularProgress.a (3 slices)

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_iCircularProgress", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in b4i_m1keypad.o
      objc-class-ref in b4i_userservices.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
How about iCircularProgress library?

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
check whether you are using the latest version (1.11) of iCircularProgress, which should include the simulator architecture.
I was still running version 1.00.

Just updated this lib to 1.11 and it now allows me to run the app in the simulator.

I did look at these in my B4A app, but I had already had my B4i app written, and didn't want to change it since it was working on my iPhone.

I will however, look at upgrading to one of the B4X XUI in the future. (don't think they was around when I was writing my B4i app)

Upvote 0