Fastest way to display SQLite data?

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Having a go with SQLite and started with the supplied sample application SQL.
This displays the data like this:
cmd.ExecuteTable("table1", 0)
but I find it is quite slow. Not sure if the select query is slow or the moving of the data to the grid, but I suspect the last.
What is the fastest way to do this?
Are there other options then using the supplied dll from phxsoftware?

RBS

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, you probably hit the nail on the head there, I was showing a large amount of data, say 50.000 * 10. And I suppose there is little point in that. I was comparing getting this into Excel with showing that on the PPC and in Excel I can do that in some 10 secs, but on the PPC it will take some minutes.
One thing I noticed with the supplied SQLite library is that you can't get the data straight from SQLite into a plain array and deal with the display of the data yourself. Am I overlooking something?

RBS

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
I forgot to say that if I run it with the Basic4ppc desktop app it runs very quick so the slowness has nil to do with the supplied SQLite library, but it must be the table control that is used here.

RBS

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes and I don't in fact need to show large amounts of data and was just doing some testing. So, all in all I don't think there is a problem. Will do some testing now with some taxing SQL, but small amount of records to see what happens there.

RBS

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sure, fully agree there.
Is there a way though to get data from SQLite (ideally in a plain array) without outputting it to a control?

RBS

N1c0_ds

Licensed User
I use LIMIT and OFFSET to show only, for example, records 101-110. This way it loads only the records to be displayed and hides the rest.

I can't really provide an example yet, but it's incredibly fast.