fg-Küchenuhr (kitchen clock)

D

Deleted member 103

Hello,

this clock have not to miss in a kitchen, she's equipped with 4 timers, one for each plate.

In this way no cook or a "want-to-be-a-cook" can forget the time. ;)

20.12.2008: Update v1.02
  1. added Oven timer
  2. Multilanguage

22.12.2008: Update v1.03
  1. bug with the ini-file resolved
  2. About panel added
  3. Warning time setting for the end of cooking time

26.12.2008: Update v1.04
  1. Hardware.KeepAlive added
  2. When the time is up, the MsgBox displays
    Time elapsed for: (Zeit abgelaufen für: Spaghetti)

Ciao, have a lot of fun,
Filippo

Attachments

• capture002.jpg
    capture002.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 241
  • capture003.jpg
    capture003.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 229
  • capture001.jpg
    capture001.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 222
  • v1.04.zip
    309.2 KB · Views: 230
Last edited by a moderator:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's a stove without an hoven?

Nice Idea, plenty of room for enhancements...
1st one is an HOVEN clock...
2nd...Cascading times in the same Plate...ie some recepies demand for specific actions at specific times after starting to cook...

D

Deleted member 103

Hi Cableguy,

1st one is an HOVEN clock...
2nd...Cascading times in the same Plate...ie some recepies demand for specific actions at specific times after starting to cook...

thank you, is a good idea

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice, very nice...
Another usefull feaqture would be to have some kind of "procedure database" for cooking recepies...
Then the user could select a recepie and follow the instructions in a time line...
Just a tought ....

dennishea

Licensed User
Make the timer(s) part of the recipe, that way when you call up the recipe it sets the timer(s).

Denny :)

MM2forever

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is done really nicely :)

I could image spicing this "code-reciepe" up with the speechlib is also a nice idea ^^

It could give short informations in settable intervals, then it would go like
B4X:
...Apple Pie....5 Minutes to go
...Noodles on plate 1... done....'klingeling'

:sign0162:

D

Deleted member 103

Hallo Cableguy,

Nice, very nice...
Another usefull feaqture would be to have some kind of "procedure database" for cooking recepies...
Then the user could select a recepie and follow the instructions in a time line...
I want no cookbook or recipes to make.

Make the timer(s) part of the recipe, that way when you call up the recipe it sets the timer(s).
@dennishea: it's already like this, take a look at this picture

I could image spicing this "code-reciepe" up with the speechlib is also a nice idea ^^

It could give short informations in settable intervals, then it would go like
@MM2forever: nice idea

Ciao,
Filippo

dennishea

Licensed User
Sorry Filippo. If I would have looked at the pictures in your first post I would(should) have noticed that.

Denny :signOops:

D

Deleted member 103

Hallo,

I have only the German and Italian languages, who can translate me the texts in the other languages?

@Klaus: kannst du die Englische übernehmen?

Ciao,
Filippo

Zenerdiode

Licensed User
I've been having a try of your app this evening and have discovered a small bug. I notice you have code for .ini file handling. Do you intend to package your app with an .ini file? If not, the app creates one for you; (which is the way I like my applications to work) however you will need to change line 34 in Main.App_Start from

B4X:
34  Language_I=2  ' Default-Language
to
B4X:
34  Language_I="G"  ' Default-Language

If you delete the .ini file and run the application you will see what I mean. I'm testing on an HP iPaq hx4700 which is also a true VGA device and the screen layout looks good :)

Last edited:

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo Filippo,
Ich war gestern nicht zu Hause, also war Zenerdiode schneller als Ich mit der Englischen Übersetzung, dafür bekommst Du aber die Französische.
Ich habe mir erlaubt in Deinem Tabelmodul kleine Änderungen vorzunehmen damit die Französischen Texte reinpassen. Habe auch 3 Textzeilen dazugefügt für die Fanfare, Klingel und Reset. Der Änderungsvorschlag von Zenerdiode ist mit drin.

Grüsse.

Hi Filippo,
I wasn't at home yesterday, so Zenerdiode was faster than I for the English translation, but instead you get the French one. I took the liberty to make some small adjustments in the Table module to make the french texts fit in. I have added 3 text lines for Fanfare, Klingel and Reset. Zenerdiode's proposal is included.

Best regards.

Attachments

• fg-Küchenuhr.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 180

VoDB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo Fillipo,
good work! :sign0188:
I want to make some proposal: For daily routine, it is advantage to select a time quickly with some fingerprint, without employ the Stylus. Furthermore, the combo-list <cmbProdukte> should include the time values from the items.
Regards.
VoDB

D

Deleted member 103

Hallo,
34 Language_I="G" ' Default-Language
@Zenerdiode: bug with the ini-file resolved

I wasn't at home yesterday, so Zenerdiode was faster than I for the English translation, but instead you get the French one. I took the liberty to make some small adjustments in the Table module to make the french texts fit in. I have added 3 text lines for Fanfare, Klingel and Reset. Zenerdiode's proposal is included.
@Klaus: vielen Dank

All changes have been added in v1.03

Ciao,
Filippo

Zenerdiode

Licensed User
Filippo,

In my first reply to you, I spelt your name with a 'Ph' instead of an 'F'

:sign0013:

Here are some more suggestions/wishlist:
  1. Add a reference to Erel's Hardware library; called Hardware. In the first line of Sub Timer_Tick, add a 'Hardware.KeepAlive' - This will stop the device turning off whilst I'm cooking the Turkey! :)
  2. Every now and again, the time that is counting down will jump two seconds. This is because the timer interval is set to 1 second (1000ms). I suggest a factor of 10 faster; 0.1s (100ms).
  3. For each Stove (Kochfeld) instead of displaying 1, 2, 3 or 4; display the name of the food cooking. So I've set the food and time in the table - Spaghetti 00:10:00 and when I tap Stove 1 and add Spaghetti, the label '1' changes to 'Spaghetti'
  4. When the time is up, the MsgBox displays
    Time elapsed for: (Zeit abgelaufen für: )
    Spaghetti

I'm really enjoying this application. :sign0188:

Christopher

D

Deleted member 103

Hi Zenerdiode,

In my first reply to you, I spelt your name with a 'Ph' instead of an 'F'
This is not a problem:)

Thank you for your suggestions for improvement, I have them all introduced in v1.04.

Ciao,
Filippo

HomeWorx

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have only the German and Italian languages, who can translate me the texts in the other languages?
Hi,
I can translate it in French if you need it...
Edit : oops, I downloaded the zip after sending the reply :) I'm just doing a few edits on your own file now.

Last edited: