Bug? File->Browse in Private sign key dialog

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I noticed a somewhat confusing text, especially for beginners.
File -> Browse in Private Sign Key dialog box, to specify a new file name for the new key, the words File coupled with browse means to look for a file in the hard disk and not to create a new name.
Please Erel notice this and I would suggest that this be replaced by "File Name" for the Label, and "Save" for the Button, with the file dialog being opened automatically when user checks on the "New" check box above.

p.s.
This is not a bug, but I didn't find where to put it... In testing we call it severity level 4, (documentation)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I do believe that "browse" is intended as such. A developer can create any number of sign key and save then for later use. any sign key file can be used at any time...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I went back to ide and I think I can understand your point.
When choosing to create a new file the label text should change to something like "choose new key file location"

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When choosing to create a new file the label text should change to something like "choose new key file location"

Or simply: Save As...

It's a minor issue but people are lazy animals and once they learn to do things in a certain way they tend to continue in the same direction
I was one of those.. the first days I spent a lot of time looking for that file with the assumption it was installed with the IDE.
"Specify the location you want to save the new key into" could have saved me a lot.

Last edited: