Licensed User
This is my program.

Sub Globals
'Declare the global variables here.
Dim Shows(0)
End Sub

Sub App_Start
Form1.Show
FileSearch(Shows(0) ,"\libraries\videos\serinity")
End Sub

Below is the error code. After reading help I am still lost on how to solve it. The path I have listed in filesearch is valid I believe. I have used c:\ in it and and if I use the full path that I get from the address bar I still get the same error. I am using win 7.

Denny

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 180

dennishea

Licensed User
@Klaus
That is what I thought shows was. I rerenamed shows back to arraylist1 and still get the same thing. I have never been good at arrays and I am still not. Also if you look at the error the path is not the same as the one in filesearch. It's like I programed filesearch for one path the program is set at a default.

Denny

dennishea

Licensed User
@Klaus

That's what I did (IDE under Controls/Connections/ArrayList). In windows 7 I've tried severel verisions of the path and can't seem to get it right. If this was xp and all that was wrong was the path I would get it right. I don't want to reinstall xp to test that posibility. I will try to find a windows 7 forum to get a handle on file path. Thanks much for your help.

Denny

dennishea

Licensed User
@agraham

Here is the program. It isn't much, it's just a start on trying to understand arraylist.

Denny

Attachments

• Movies.sbp
    486 bytes · Views: 154

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Try the attached program. It works on my desktop XP, and should also work on yours.

The problem you have is that you declare ArrayList1 as an ArrayList object and you also declare an Array varaible with the same name ArrayList1. And as you put the brackets in the code line the program assumes that it is an Array variable and not an ArrayList object.

Best regards.

Attachments

• MoviesNew.sbp
    465 bytes · Views: 163
Last edited:

dennishea

Licensed User
Thanks Klaus, that helped quite abit. When I'm done I will explain what it's for. Thanks again for your and agrahams help.

Denny :)