filesearch

Discussion in 'Beta Versions' started by dennishea, May 29, 2009.

1. dennishea

dennishea Active Member Licensed User

This is my program.

Below is the error code. After reading help I am still lost on how to solve it. The path I have listed in filesearch is valid I believe. I have used c:\ in it and and if I use the full path that I get from the address bar I still get the same error. I am using win 7.

Denny

Attached Files:

2. klaus

klaus Expert Licensed User

Instead of the Array Shows() you should use an ArrayList object, like.
    FileSearch(ArrayList1 ,"\libraries\videos\serinity")

Best regards.

3. dennishea

@Klaus
    That is what I thought shows was. I rerenamed shows back to arraylist1 and still get the same thing. I have never been good at arrays and I am still not. Also if you look at the error the path is not the same as the one in filesearch. It's like I programed filesearch for one path the program is set at a default.

Denny

4. klaus

Sorry I copied your uncomplete path name, you must use the full path name.
    ArrayList1 is a control you must add onto the form in the IDE under Controls/Connections/ArrayList.

Best regards.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  5. dennishea

@Klaus

That's what I did (IDE under Controls/Connections/ArrayList). In windows 7 I've tried severel verisions of the path and can't seem to get it right. If this was xp and all that was wrong was the path I would get it right. I don't want to reinstall xp to test that posibility. I will try to find a windows 7 forum to get a handle on file path. Thanks much for your help.

Denny

6. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

I think there is some confusion about arrays and arraylists, I very much doubt if it is anything to do with Windows 7. Can you post the actual spb file rather than us trying to comment on a code fragment.

7. dennishea

@agraham

Here is the program. It isn't much, it's just a start on trying to understand arraylist.

Denny

Attached Files:

8. klaus

Try the attached program. It works on my desktop XP, and should also work on yours.

The problem you have is that you declare ArrayList1 as an ArrayList object and you also declare an Array varaible with the same name ArrayList1. And as you put the brackets in the code line the program assumes that it is an Array variable and not an ArrayList object.

Best regards.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2009
  9. dennishea

Thanks Klaus, that helped quite abit. When I'm done I will explain what it's for. Thanks again for your and agrahams help.

Denny :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice