Android Question Fill in fields on a third party website

developer_123

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good day!

This is a case that is presented to me, which I hope to be able to make myself understood easily.

In a multiplatform App that I am asked to develop, certain services and products are offered, and the App model is an intermediation (commission for sale) between the final client and the Parent company that offers the products and services.

When a user of the app purchases a product or service, they are redirected to a payment gateway (credit card and debit card payments) developed by a third party.

In order for the Parent company to identify that this sale was made through the App (Commissioner Agent) and to be able to keep track of its sales, it gives the owners of the App credentials to access the WEB payment gateway, in such a way that all sales made with this user will be commissioned at the end of the month.

The concern I have is that the parent company gives a single username and password to the owners of the App to enter the payment gateway, every time a new customer requires a purchase, after selecting the product they would be redirected to the payment website, but this new client does not know these credentials, so it would be necessary for the App to automatically load the payment website and enter the credentials in the requested fields, and then click enter.

Is this type of auto-fill in the fields of a third-party website possible?

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
What if we do it this way.

Create a web site with SSL. This website will receive a request sent by the app with the client ID, item ID and price. Based on the database the website identify the client by the ID and send a request to the gateway and finally send the gateway response back to the app. So no need to enter credentials manually.

You can use either PHP or ASP.NET.

My app that does electronic visits verification for the nurses does the same communication with the server. App sends a request and gets response. Server does all the job.

Upvote 0

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
depending on how the server is expecting the credentials, yes.
it would be helpful if the server had test credentials.
i gather you want to use a webview? this may pose problems. if you weren't thinking of using a webview, what were you thinking of? (in theory, placing an order does not have to be done with a webview. sending an order with login credentials does not necessarily imply browser-like interaction between a server and client.) it's hard to know from your description exactly what all transpires.

Upvote 0

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
You should ask the third party company if they offer API?
If yes, api programming is the standard way for you.
If not, use scraping for their service website, finally you should success, but scraping always has a hazard such as 3rd party website may change something at anytime without your notice and your custom script fail!

Upvote 0