Find & replace bug:

LineCutter

Active Member
Licensed User
6.05 desktop IDE
Highlighting a set of binary variables in one sub & opting to replace all "false" with "true" causes the IDE to replace all "false" with "true" in the following subroutine, leaving the highlighted ones alone & not altering anything else in the program.
I'd have thought it was a matter of searching one sub too far down the source code, but trying to be clever & highlighting the next sub up only replaced half of the items I expected.
Weird.
 

LineCutter

Active Member
Licensed User
Yes, although I admit I could have been clearer stating that.:sign0013:

The surprise was that the highlighted section was untouched & the next sub was altered.
 

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
I haven't seen a problem with "Replace All" but I have noticed that if a selection is highlighted and "Replace in selection only" is ticked and a replace target does not actually exist in that selection then "Replace Next" will ignore the selection and replace the next match it finds outside the selection. This is in contrast to "Replace All" that constrains itself to the selection and correctly reports no strings are replaced.
 

LineCutter

Active Member
Licensed User
View attachment 1117
I've mercilessly butchered your phone program Erel :sign0013:
The Repeated section in 2 subs is obvious enough, as are the instructions.

I get the replacements after the highlighted section.

EDIT:
a) the first Box2 should obviously be box3
b) Repeating this in the same file made it do the right thing! Weird, especially when I made sure that it misbehaved before I posted the file.

Would you settle for an intermittent bug report, for now at least. I'll try & work out what it needs to provoke it.
 
Last edited:
Top