Android Question FireBase and Appcompact Error

shashkiranr

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

I am using appcompact in an app. When I integrated firebase, I got the following error in the image.

B4X:
#AdditionalRes: ..\resource
#AdditionalRes: A:\TEstCart\Android\MAIN LIBRARIES AND CLASSES\RESOURCES\b4a_appcompat, de.amberhome.objects.appcompat
#AdditionalRes: C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res, android.support.v7.appcompat

if I remove this line
B4X:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res, android.support.v7.appcompat
everything compiles and works but there is a bigger gap between the home button and title in the actionbar of appcompact.

Any Idea about what I have done wrong?

error.PNG

dar2o3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Work for me , I had an error but not was the appcompact

Last edited:
Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Any Idea about what I have done wrong?

This line is still mandatory:
B4X:
#AdditionalRes: A:\TEstCart\Android\MAIN LIBRARIES AND CLASSES\RESOURCES\b4a_appcompat, de.amberhome.objects.appcompat

This line should be removed:
B4X:
#AdditionalRes: C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\res, android.support.v7.appcompat

Upvote 0

shashkiranr

Licensed User
Longtime User
This line is still mandatory:
B4X:

This line should be removed:
B4X:

Hi Corwin,

Yes, I did that long back and it works.So no need to reference the v7 support file if using firebase authentication ?

Best,
SK

Upvote 0