Android Question FirebaseAdmob2 implementation issue

Rubsanpe

Active Member
Licensed User
Hi. Lately I am having problems with the FirebaseAdmob2 implementation. If I run the app in a Google emulator the demo ads are displayed without problem. If I test it on a real device the real ads are not shown and in the log I get the attached text. When Erel created the library the google-play-ads version was 20.1.0 (now it is 20.2.0) and the upm version was 1.0.0 (now it is 2.0.0). Could it be a problem with the new versions? Do you have a similar problem?

B4X:
Registro conectado a: 4108c60a0504
--------- beginning of system
--------- beginning of main
AD not Received - Error Code: {
  "Code": 1,
  "Message": "Error building request URL.",
  "Domain": "com.google.android.gms.ads",
  "Cause": "null",
  "Response Info": {
    "Response ID": "null",
    "Mediation Adapter Class Name": "",
    "Adapter Responses": []
  }
}
not Received - Error Code: {
  "Code": 1,
  "Message": "Error building request URL.",
  "Domain": "com.google.android.gms.ads",
  "Cause": "null",
  "Response Info": {
    "Response ID": "null",
    "Mediation Adapter Class Name": "",
    "Adapter Responses": []
  }
}

Thanks.
 
Last edited:

asales

Well-Known Member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The demo ads are show in the real device?
The unit ad are correct?
What kind of ads are you using?

I created an app using the new lib FirebaseAdmob2 with play-services-ads 20.2.0 (interstitial, native and open ads) and works.

I think is better you reinstall the Android SDK + Required Resources in a new folder, change the paths in the Tools menu, compile the app and check again.
 
Upvote 0

Rubsanpe

Active Member
Licensed User
Thank you for your response.

Yes, I have tested the Jack Cole example and the test ads are displayed. In my app when tested in a Google emulator the test ads are also shown.

I have tried to set the test ad unit and the test ads are shown perfectly.

The ad unit code is correct. I use it in another development tool (Windev Mobile) and there they are shown without problem.

In my app the ads are normal banners. I have even tested the adaptive ones.

I already nice the reinstallation of the SDK and that's where I saw that only the versions 20.2.0 and 2.0.0 of the libraries appeared and no trace of the previous versions.


Ruben
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Top