FlyTouch3 and FlyTouch4 from DLGate!?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all...

I wonder i anyone knows or has either of these...
I am thinking about buying one of these for Christmass, but I would like to have some "hands-on" opinion..Anyone?

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I very nearly bought one of those. There are apparently a lot of options on them and one that I particularly wanted was a capacative sceen. The cheaper models (understandably) have a resistive screen.

I ended up going for a Stealth X Hydro from here which I thought was better value for money. I can't tell you anything more about the Flytouch, but consider this one when making your decision. I assume they'll post to France and their support (so far) has been up to speed.

For info the Model Number is MID reference device (b01ref) if that means anything to you (it doesn't to me), it runs a version of the Cyanogen mod 7 (currently Android 2.3.4)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
From the X-Hydro specs, I see it has no built in GPS, wich is a real turn Off...
And it is more expensive...
True, a resistive screen is not as sleek as a capacitive, but we used them all the time with WinMob, and did not complain...
Specs to Specs, I still go for the FlyTouch... If the performance is aceptable...

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, GPS was not on my priority list, my only experience of resistive screen is on a Scroll 7" which is pretty appalling.

There are loads of Flytouch tablets on Ebay, many of which seem to differ in some way or another, so I suppose they may not be the real Flytouch. Still, I hope someone has experience of them and can answer your questions.

rleiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I used to sell the Flytouch2 and Flytouch3 tablets. They are nice but they do have some limitations.

If you want a Chinese tablet and are ok with a 7" version, the Herotab C8 has a super high quality screen and is very responsive. The Herotab C8 is the only Chinese table I sell now.

The main thing is that the battery capacity is not very high. The one on your link has a 4000mah battery which will give you around 3 hours for a 10" screen unit.

Also from the past two Flytouch models I sold in the past I noticed that the firmware is not set so you can have services running in the background. For example, set an alarm and put the screen in standby/sleep. When the alarm should make a sound it doesn't. You will hear the alarm only when you wake up the unit yourself.

The Herotab C8 does allow services to run in the background and I have used that unit test testing Basic4Android apps I'm developing. The C8 also has a capacitive multi touch screen.

If you can afford paying a bit more, I would go for the Asus Transformer since that will give you the most for your money and it also has a GPS and compass built in and 16GB of storage space. The battery will give you around 8 hours of use and if you get the keyboard dock, you will get around 16 hours of use. The price of the Asus is really not that much higher then the real Flytouch. There are many factories out there making clones of the Flytouch.

Also it gives you Android Honeycomb 3.2 when the Chinese tables are Android 2.1 or 2.2.

If you get the C8, you can easily put a modified firmware into it and some of those firmware versions are almost like Android Honeycomb.

Last edited: