Share My Creation Follow - Collaborative Cal

512.png

Available on Play Store : play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.follow.release

Create or join a group for your company, your project or your class and get your shared timetable in your pocket.

HiCal helps you to organize yourself and to collaborate with your friends and colleagues in different situations!​

WHY USE HICAL:

• COMPANIES AND ASSOCIATIONS:
Write down meetings’ dates and locations, suggest or edit in real time, and instantly update all your fellows of a schedule change, thanks to push notifications.

• STUDENTS:
Add notes to a lesson at a given day, to indicate homework and exams for example, and they will instantly be synced across smartphones and computers, and shared to your class. You won't ever ask yourself again what is left to do: the answer will be in your pocket, up-to-date, at any moment. Even if only one person indicates the exams to come, everyone will be aware: one for all, and all for one!

• PUBLIC EVENTS:
Create a group, open to everyone, to let people stay tuned about your coming events! In this kind of group, events are shared, but not collaborative: only group’s administrators can create or edit events. Thus, you can share your events, your live sessions for example if you’re a band, while keeping control. And if something unexpected happens, you can inform group’s members thanks to event notes!

• PROJECTS:
Determine deadlines with your collaborators, and discuss them thanks to event notes! Your project is a secret? Then create a secret group, to be visible only to invited people.

• EDUCATION:
If you are an educational institution (school or college), you can also choose HiCal, by creating a group for each class or course, and inviting your students. Simplify your teachers’ and students’ life with HiCal!

Thanks for choosing HiCal !

HiCal also synchronizes your personal events!

Attachments

• timetable.png
    timetable.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 6,413
  • groups_list.png
    groups_list.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 302
  • event.png
    event.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice. I give you 5 stars in Google Play.

How did you make the line of numbers (of the month) with arrows (left and right) in the top of main screen?

hugorinen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi asales !

Thanks for your feedback !

Here's basically how the day picker works :

I put seven labels, one for each day, and a red line. When the user selects a day, the line moves under the selected day, and selected day's label turns red.

MainDesigner.PNG

The two arrows used to change of week are also labels, with "▶" and "◀".

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi asales !

Thanks for your feedback !

Here's basically how the day picker works :

I put seven labels, one for each day, and a red line. When the user selects a day, the line moves under the selected day, and selected day's label turns red.

The two arrows used to change of week are also labels, with "▶" and "◀".

Thanks.

Last edited:

hugorinen

Licensed User
Longtime User

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @hugorinen.
Very cool!

I have this questions:
- What library did you use to make the navigation drawer (left menu)?
- Did you use AnotherDatepicker in the calendar? If yes, how do you make to show arrows instead of the spinners to select the date?
- In "Share Follow" (Settings) how did you make to show only Messages and Hangouts in the intent?
I know how to show only mail (Email, Gmail) but not this items.

When I click in button to show the calendar (in Timetable) and press the Back Button, the app is closed. I think is better if the app close only the calendar e return to main screen of timetable.

hugorinen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @asales !

Thanks for your feedback, I hope Follow will be useful to you :)

drawer.PNG
  • I used AnotherDatePicker, but as it was a bit buggy (some days didn't show up) and I wanted a different design, I tweaked it. I just set the spinners hidden, and a bit of code :
B4X:
Sub btnNextMonth_Click
    If Months.SelectedIndex <> 11 Then
        Months.SelectedIndex = Months.SelectedIndex + 1
    Else
        Months.SelectedIndex = 0
        Years.SelectedIndex = Years.SelectedIndex +1
    End If
    lblMonth.Text = Months.SelectedItem.ToUpperCase & " " & Years.SelectedItem
    DrawDays
End Sub

For the arrows, it's only a picture box !

• Eventually, the "Share" feature is really simple :
B4X:
Dim smsintent As Intent
smsintent.Initialize(smsintent.ACTION_VIEW,"sms:")
smsintent.PutExtra("sms_body","Join me on Follow ! bit.ly/followandroid @<username>")
StartActivity(smsintent)

The mentionned bug will be fixed in the next update, thanks !

jazzzzzzz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Its an awesome work with good UX.

A small bug- In login page I have typed 4 letter as username and toast says type at least 4,change toast to 5 character limit..:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-10-23-31-25.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-10-23-31-25.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 236
Last edited: