For sale: 1 *LEGIT* Windows 10 Home License Key

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
I decided to upgrade my Win7 Pro computer to Win 10 today. Figuring I didn't really need Win 10 Pro, I purchased a Home edition key only to discover upon starting installation that because I was going from "Pro" to "Home", I could not keep my currently installed apps. Rather than have to start all over, I then purchased a Win 10 Pro key and completed the upgrade. I tried to see about getting a refund but there was no easy way, presumably because it is a digital & intangible product.

This said, I have a brand new and completely unused Windows 10 Home Edition license key. I paid USD $128.39 and will sell for $100.

Here is a screenshot from the Microsoft store as the best proof I can think of that this is not a scam. It shows that I purchased both Home & Pro keys on the same day (today). PM if interested. I know I haven't been around here lately (long story) but I've been a member here for years. :)

Win10 Purchase.PNG

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually, there's no need to purchase a Win 10 license if you have a legit Win 7 license, just either upgrade or re-install clean, Win 10 will use the "digital" signature to activate windows, if in the event that after installing Win 10 the system asks for activation, just type in your Win 7 key.

In your case, you will go from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 103

Actually, there's no need to purchase a Win 10 license if you have a legit Win 7 license, just either upgrade or re-install clean, Win 10 will use the "digital" signature to activate windows, if in the event that after installing Win 10 the system asks for activation, just type in your Win 7 key.
Unfortunately, this has not been possible since January 2018. :confused:

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
I couldn't find a way to upgrade for free as I missed the free upgrade window. I have an expensive Adobe suite that I was afraid would not work on Win10. There was an extension for people who use special access features of Windows (i.e. disabled people) but it appeared that I had missed that extension as well.

When I tried installing the update, one of the first things it did was ask for a license key. If you're right then I wasted $200 (or $300, depending on how you look at it). :(

Edit: Just saw Filippo's response, which is what I found to be the case.

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately, this has not been possible since January 2018. :confused:
I don't think so, I just had 2 PCs last week that I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro and did exactly what I mentioned on my previous post, these 2 PCs were in storage and needed to be re-deployed, just installed brand new HDs and used the keys stuck on the PC.

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When I tried installing the update, one of the first things it did was ask for a license key. If you're right then I wasted $200 (or $300, depending on how you look at it).
Yes, the system will ask you to enter a key but you can click on "I don't have a key" and continue the install, after it's done, check if the copy of Windows is activated, if not, then click on "Change product key" and enter your Win 7 Pro key, voila!!!

D

Deleted member 103

I don't think so, I just had 2 PCs last week that I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro and did exactly what I mentioned on my previous post, these 2 PCs were in storage and needed to be re-deployed, just installed brand new HDs and used the keys stuck on the PC.
maybe it still works in usa, but it does not work in Germany anymore.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not wishing to add salt to the wounds @Kevin but here in the UK you can get Windows 10 Home or Pro versions for £19.99p perfectly legitimately at SoftwareGeeks....
https://softwaregeeks.co.uk
I've used this site twice in the past along with friends and not had any problem activating Windows.
Furthermore if you don't trust the site (like me, I'm just naturally suspicious), then you can download and install the ISO direct from Microsoft then just use the purchased key.
For anyone else needing Windows I would recommend checking this site.

Kind regards,
RandomCoder.

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Now I'm curious since I've upgraded/fresh installed Win 10 numerous times doing exactly what I've posted, a way to prove yourself you can do it is to grab one of your Win 7 keys, then download a Win 10 Pro ISO from Microsoft and install it on a VM, I can almost guarantee you it will work.

I can tell you it will work because I have 2 VirtualBox, one running Win 10 Pro 32bit and another Win 10 Pro 64bit and I used 2 Win 7 Pro keys I had laying around.

Last edited:

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
@NJDude You sure it isn't a previously used (and updated) corporate license?

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@NJDude You sure it isn't a previously used (and updated) corporate license?
Nope, corporate licenses won't activate if not on the corporate network.

The same goes for any M$ products, for example, if someone decided to be cute and snatched a corporate copy of Office, it will install but won't activate unless you do it in the corporate environment (hard to explain to your boss why you have your home desktop in your office :D).

Max Koopman

Licensed User
Longtime User
@NJDude, It is the truth, but not the whole truth ;) For Windows you have either a MAK(Multiple activation Key) or a KMS (Key management System). Your example is of a KMS system where the company has an inhouse server for checking licenses. The MAK on the other hand is not binded to a network location and can be used wherever you are located.
So please, leave your desktop at home and ask your office for a MAK ;)