Android Question force 64bit installation on emulator to check app

scsjc

Licensed User
Longtime User
it is possible to force the installation only with 64bits to test the application in the emulator ?

i try with a: Android API 28 Tag/ABI: google_apis_playstore/x86_64
and command line: adb install --abi arm64-v8a YOUR_APK_FILE.apk
Captura.JPG

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Unless you are using a library that includes native binaries (such as SQLCipher) then you don't need to do anything special to support 64 bit devices. If you are using such library then it should include 64 bit binary and it will then work. The latest version of SQLCipher includes 64 bit binary.

B4A Sdk Manager does support creating 64 bit emulators with x86_64 images.

Upvote 0

scsjc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unless you are using a library that includes native binaries (such as SQLCipher) then you don't need to do anything special to support 64 bit devices. If you are using such library then it should include 64 bit binary and it will then work. The latest version of SQLCipher includes 64 bit binary.

B4A Sdk Manager does support creating 64 bit emulators with x86_64 images.

Thank you
If I am using native binaries, I wanted to test if the execution is correct.
When I put an x86_64 image I imagine that by default it will execute in 64, but I have not known how to make sure or force it.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When I put an x86_64 image I imagine that by default it will execute in 64, but I have not known how to make sure or force it.
The x86_64 image always start in 64 bit i would guess. Using libraries not having a 64 bit .so files will not work on these image

Upvote 0