iOS Question Force closing application

Shay

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok, so what is the right approch here?
Can I hide it?
For example, Main module is checking user rights to login to my app, if it fails and I give user error that he cannot login, what then? I leave the login page open?

also where can I see all the "do" or "not do" by apple?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can safely use all the APIs in B4i. As you can see there is no API to exit an app or to hide it because it is not allowed by Apple.

You can use App.OpenUrl to open the browser with a different page and leave your app. However there is no way to return to the home screen without the user clicking on the home button.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As you can see there is no API to exit an app or to hide it because it is not allowed by Apple.

do you mean there is not something like application.exit or whatever the exit command was in B4A?

so users can only close an app with the home-doubleclick and swipe away the screenshot of the app?

Upvote 0

Luiz Fernando Orlandini

Licensed User
Longtime User
do you mean there is not something like application.exit or whatever the exit command was in B4A?

so users can only close an app with the home-doubleclick and swipe away the screenshot of the app?
An alternative way, it's called the login module. I did that in some iOS applications we have.

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Apple guidelines forbid such a command. If you like you can kill the process but your app will be rejected when you try to upload it.
Argh, i really hate apple!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Upvote 0