Force "done" key on the keyboard?

Gekornro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I'm new to basic4android and currently writing my first program (yaay!). I haven't purchased it yet because I wanted to test it first.

Anyhow. As a part of my program I've created a number of EditText views. 6 to be precise. They are called A1,A2,A3,A4,A5 and A6. All the views have excactly the same properties since they are just duplicates. The Input type is numbers.

I uploaded the program to my HTC Desire to test how the entries work.

Here is my problem:

When I enter something in A1 and A2 I get the "Done" key on my android keyboard. I.e. I enter a number, click done and the keyboard closes.

When I enter something in A3-A6 I get the "Next" key. I.e. I enter a number, click next and it moves to the next EditText view.

I don't want it to move to the next view. How can I force the "Done" key to be displayed?

I'm a bit lost, because all the EditText views have the same properties.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm a bit lost, because all the EditText views have the same properties.
Are you sure that all EditText views have the ForceDoneButton property set to True ?

Best regards.

Upvote 0

Gekornro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you sure that all EditText views have the ForceDoneButton property set to True ?

Best regards.

Doh! Actually..they were all set to False. I changed them to True and it works like expected now. Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me :)

If they were all set to False, why did my phone pick "Done" for two of them and "Next" for the remaining 3. Strange.

Upvote 0