Force QVGA

JamesC

Licensed User
A couple of questions :)

How does a VGA device usually display QVGA designed programs? Do they appear quarter-size in the top left corner with the rest of the screen the form colour (which sounds pretty unusable!)?

Are there performance issues using the Force QVGA compiled exe on a QVGA device rather than a standard compilation? i.e. if you are designing an application with only the QVGA layout, would it be preferable to have a standard compilation for QVGA devices, and a Force QVGA compliation for VGA devices?

Thanks

James

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
How does a VGA device usually display QVGA designed programs? Do they appear quarter-size in the top left corner with the rest of the screen the form colour (which sounds pretty unusable!)?
Yes. If you design your form to only use a rectangle of 240 * 320 then it will appear on the upper left corner of VGA device.
Are there performance issues using the Force QVGA compiled exe on a QVGA device rather than a standard compilation? i.e. if you are designing an application with only the QVGA layout, would it be preferable to have a standard compilation for QVGA devices, and a Force QVGA compliation for VGA devices?
There are no performance issues with the Force QVGA compilation.
If you are targeting both kind of screens then I recommend you to use Forced QVGA for all devices.