FormExDesktop an SpecialForm.dll

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by Cableguy, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

HI again

Due to some desktop cleanning, the source code for my "Specialform.dll" was lost...
    So I tryed to re-create its behaviour, especially the ability to show irregular forms, based on image files...
    Somehow this has been iluding me, and I can make the backimage transparent to the form, but not the form bacground...

I tried to reverse engeneer the specialform dll with refletor, and cant find the diference...

The Goal is to create the backbone of a splash screen, with fadeIn, pause, FadeOut.

2. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

Post the original dll that works and I'll take a look.

3. Cableguy

4. agraham

VS2005 solution attached :)

Attached Files:

5. Cableguy

Thanks Andrew, but what was I doing wrong?
    Except for the way the bitmap is set, all of was is in your dll, was on mine...

6. agraham

I didn't initially look as I was expecting a SpecialForm.dll in Splash.zip and as it wasn't there I didn't look any further. I just took the output of Reflector for the dll that worked and put it in a project. I didn't realise you were trying to use a FormEx.

Having now looked at Splash.bas you would need to set the FormEx TransparencyKey property with the Door library to get the effect that you want.

7. Cableguy

But Your FormEXdesktop already has a transparecykey visible to b4ppc....
    Does it not do what it should?
    I can use it to set a non Alpha channel image like abmp, so that a color value renders transparent to the form...

8. agraham

So it does! I'd forgotten that. Anyway in Splash.bas you didn't use it. It works fine if you include "SFX.TransparencyKey = SFX.BackColor"

9. Cableguy

I had tryied it and it didn't work...
    Any way I was lookig to update my pecalfrm dll and turnit into splashscreen with the same features s the module.
    Again, Thanks Andrew

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice